Kipapa Elementary School Physical Education Program
Kipapa Elementary is where all individuals will appreciate and participate in a healthy, active lifestyle.
Goals and Objectives
- 100% Participation.
- Fitness based P.E.
- Enjoy and seek out physical activity.
- Develop and maintain acceptable levels of physical activity.
- Develop a variety of basic movement and manipulative skills so students will experience success and feel comfortable during present and future physical activity pursuits.
- Develop the ability to get along with others in movement environments.
Sports, Play & Active Recreation for Kids "SPARK"
- Aligned with National Standards
- Has a major focus on promoting regular physical activity after school, on weekends, during holidays, summers, and after the program ends.
- Provides integration with other subjects.
Fitness 4 Life
- Teach essential health-related concepts of fitness, physical activity, nutrition, and wellness.
- Meet local and state requirements, enhance academic performance, and help fight childhood obesity.
- Meet recommendations and standards from CDC, USDA, and NASPE for daily and weekly physical activity.
- Lessons that are standards based and developmentally appropriate.
- Active lifestyle program - Activity log
- Physical Fitness Test
Nuts and Bolts
- Locomotor skills
- Manipulative skills
- Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, Citizenship
Shape America National Physical Education Standards and Grade Level Outcomes
American Heart Association Hands Only CPR
USTA School Tennis