Physical education is a part of the total education program that contributes, primarily through movement experiences, to the total growth and development of all children. Three outcomes of physical education are unique:
- Achievement of personalized physical fitness level.
- Development of competency in a variety of physical skills to assure that students can function effectively in selected physical activities.
- Students acquire knowledge related to motor skill performance and fitness maintenance.
In physical education class, the students will be building a foundation for future testing and participating in three major concept areas listed below.
- Movement Concepts and Skill Development - A variety of activities will be introduced to increase studentsʻ movement experiences and skill development. These activities include: specialized games, dance, rope jumping, ball skills, and movement concepts.
- Fitness - Good health related physical fitness is built over time. The students will be learning and practicing fitness concepts that will help maintain and/or improve the studentsʻ fitness level.
- Health - The major emphasis this year will be safety, good health habits, heart health, nutrition and body systems.
Each student is expected to:
- Cooperate with all students and instructors
- Follow the Character Counts Pillars
- Follow the General Learner Outcomes
- Have a good attitude
- Work hard in a group or independently
- Students should have APPROPRIATE SHOES
- Students with long hair, please tie or braid hair before P.E. class