Christa Simpson has been an AHA volunteer coordinator since 2014, which was her first year as a new teacher. She has implemented AHA’s youth program in four different schools and has had over 2,000 students participate.Check out this short video of Christa talking about her AHA experience and what motivates her to do Kids Heart Challenge even though this year might look a little different!
Links to News
- How to protect yourself from the stress of politics It cuts across party lines – and can cause real harm. Lea en español Watch the video to learn about emergency stress-stoppers.
- Her pain seemed muscular. It was actually a heart attack. "If I didn't know better, I'd think I was having a heart attack," Kelly Sosnowski joked with her doctor.
- Cluster of risky conditions that can lead to heart disease is rising in Hispanic adults Obesity could be fueling the surge. Lea en español
- Repeat heart attacks decline in women, as data suggest need to raise awareness Research shows a continued need for risk-lowering care, while a new survey finds heart disease awareness remains steady in older – but not younger – women.
- High blood pressure may cause poor communication between brain regions Researchers used a test that measures small changes in blood flow during brain activity.